Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2: The Light

Today at church, Phil preached on "The Light," using passages from Isaiah to talk about Christ's birth as the arrival into the world of The Light. 

I actually wanted to snap a photo of the Scripture with the Advent candles in the background but it didn't work out, so I took this shot instead.  (Unfortunately, my paper also got a little wrinkled due to Ethan trying to eat it.)


And speaking of light, as I was hanging up this wreath on my front door, I was struck by the way the sunlight hit it - it looked so pretty, so I snapped another picture.



Last (and completely unrelated to the title of this post), I was trying to find a specific "photo-a-day challenge" that had topics for each day of December.  I stumbled across this one and the subject for Dec. 2 is "favorite holiday movie."  I'm still going to try to come up with my own Christmas-themed subjects but it might be fun to follow a prescribed challenge as well. 

I tried to think of a not-lame way to do a picture of my favorite holiday movie, something besides just taking a picture of the movie box.  Then I realized that, duh! I was already wearing a T-shirt from my favorite Christmas movie, so I just had Cy snap a picture of me in front of our tree (one of them):


I look goofy as usual, but there you have it:  my favorite Christmas movie is Elf


No comments: