Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Friday, December 14, 2012

December 13: Management Team Holiday Dinner

Last night, Cy's director at Blackbaud took all of his managers and their spouses out for dinner at 82 Queen to celebrate the holidays.  Nana and Pops came down to stay with the kids for the evening so we could go.  It ended up being a really nice evening out and we got to catch up with some old friends.  And the food was delicious.  I wish I had taken a picture of the amazing chocolate pumpkin pie (with melted marshmallow on top! mmm!) I had for dessert - it was fabulous!

The restaurant was decorated very tastefully and beautifully for Christmas, but this was the only picture I got a chance to snap.  Here we are, the earlybirds, hanging out at the bar while we waited for everyone else to arrive.

Hmm, I wonder which parent Ethan got that pointy chin from?
I think the best part of my day yesterday, though, was when we arrived home last night to find out that Gemma had insisted on wearing her brand new purple Crocs to bed.  She slept with them on all night long.  I found this particularly hilarious because I wore every new pair of shoes to bed when I was a kid.  My parents would take them off me and I'd get out of bed and put them back on and they'd find me wearing them in the morning.  Apparently it's genetic.  Who knew?

No comments: