Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Friday, December 14, 2012

December 14: Rudolph

Today was Gemma's last day of preschool before Christmas and she came home with this super cute Rudolph craft:


Gemma's class had a Christmas party today before they headed off for the year.  At Halloween, I wanted to stay for the party but no other parents were hanging around.  This time, I didn't bother showing up for the party, and it turned out a bunch of parents attended.  I missed the memo.  Maybe I will get on the same page with the rest of the crowd one of these days.  It looked like lots of fun so I hated that I missed out.

While Gemma was off partying, I finished making a Christmas shirt for Ethan.  This turned into way more elaborate of a project than I had originally hoped, but it turned out cute.  Unfortunately, I had purchased only enough fabric to make a short sleeved shirt (I didn't have enough for the collar either) and was unable to find more fabric, so maybe it will warm back up again for him to wear it...that's assuming it even fits him anyway, since he is such a great big boy.

It's much more green and less yellow in real life, thankfully
 And of course, I was extremely saddened and horrified to hear about the elementary school shooting in Connecticut today.  My heart and prayers go out to all of those families.  It made me that much more grateful though, to have both of my kids safe and sound at home with me this afternoon.  And it gave me a bit of needed perspective as well - sometimes I get so caught up in my frustration with my children's trivial acts of misbehavior and forget how blessed I am to have them, and how empty my life would be if something were to happen to them.  Both of my babies got a lot of extra kisses and hugs today. 

No comments: