At long last, we (and by we I mean Cy) finally finished painting the baby's room. Part of the reason it took so long is because it used to be Gemma's room. Cy really wanted her to have the other room with the bigger closet, so he and his dad put in a chair rail in the [formerly purple] room, then painted it to look exactly like Gemma's old room. Once we got her all settled in her new room, Cy moved on to painting her old room mint green and tan for the new baby. The green is the same exact green we have in our living room and the tan is the same tan from our dining room but they happened to be a perfect match for the bedding stuff we had picked out for the baby so we went with it. (As you can see, although the room is painted, we still have a LOT left to do.)
The bedroom stuff I got of course did not come with a curtain for some reason so I am attempting to make one. I found a fabric I liked for the top but haven't found a good contrasting fabric for the bottom of the curtain yet. So right now the curtain is just a ruffle and a casing. I'm hoping to go to Hancock this weekend and see if I can find something to finish up the curtain. If not, I will probably just go with a solid green that matches the walls, or I am debating sacrificing one of the baby's sheets in the name of matching curtains. We will see how it turns out.
I'm hoping it will hang a bit more evenly once I get the rest of the curtain attached but I don't think it looks too bad, especially considering that I am just totally winging it. I sort of looked at the curtain in Gemma's room then went and got a piece of fabric, cut it up and sewed it and...yeah, that's pretty much it.