Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Friday, January 13, 2012

Baby Project #1: Nursing Wrap

Well this poor little guy may not have a name or a bedroom yet, but at least I'll be able to feed him in relative privacy when he decides to arrive.

I've been lazy all week and haven't felt like doing any sewing.  Meanwhile, poor Cy has been slaving away painting chair rails and bedroom walls at night after Gemma goes to sleep.  I decided it was time to give up my precious hours of reading while Gemma naps today to work on at least one sewing project for the baby.  Using this tutorial I made a relatively easy and cute nursing wrap out of some blue and brown argyle fabric I snagged at Wal-Mart the other day.  It's kind of bugging me the way it's gapping open at the top right now, but I didn't seriously sit down and try to use it or anything, so I think it will do the trick.  And the one I already had was pink, which the little guy (more likely, his dad) probably wouldn't appreciate.

Anyway, here's how it turned out.  Next project: Boppy cover.

No comments: