Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Project #2: Boppy Pillow Cover

This seemed like it would be a fairly straightforward project at first, but of course it ended up being painful and frustrating, as I was forced to use a pattern.  Patterns and I do not have a good relationship with one another.  I find patterns...confusing.  They BOTHER me.  (I love how good it makes me feel when I screw something up when using a "Sewing for Dummies" pattern too - good times.)  So this pillow cover will probably fall apart the first time I use or wash it, but it looks pretty cute:


Now that I've deciphered the pattern, I think I will make another one out of two contrasting fabrics.  Thankfully the monkey flannel I used for the first one was like $1 a yard so if it falls apart my feelings won't be that hurt.  And now that I've suffered through making one, I will use the pattern instructions for the second one more like guidelines than actual rules.  I'm planning to ditch the piping and the Velcro for starters, and instead put a zipper across the top like a normal Boppy cover. 

And just for the fun of it, I dropped about 3 movie/TV/pop culture references in the above post.  Did either of my two readers catch them? ;)

No comments: