Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Project #3: Boppy Cover #2

I decided to buckle down and get some more sewing done for this baby.  Yesterday I hit up Wal-Mart in search of fabric for a second Boppy cover.  (I am not terribly pleased with the way the first one I made Velcros shut across the back - it is extremely hard to get the pillow itself in and out.  Plus, it is always good to have an extra cover for when the first one gets thrown up on.) 

Anyway, I ended up finding this super cute robot fabric.  I debated about the striped fabric for the back since the main stripes were brown and the main color on the robot fabric was black (and my mom has ingrained in me for years that you can't mix brown and black), but I went with it anyway and I'm glad I did - I think it looks great. 

I am much happier with how this cover turned out.  I finished it way more quickly and with much less frustration than the first one I made (probably due in part to the learning curve).  It is SO much easier to put on and off with the zipper across the top.  And the piping on the first one was such a pain to do (having never done piping before), and even though it looked cute, I don't really miss it on this second one.

So without further ado, I give you Boppy cover #2 front view:


And Boppy cover #2 back view:


And BTW ("BTW--that means 'by the way'" - thank you, Damon Salvatore) Cy was really excited about the robots.

No comments: