Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A boring update that is not much of an update after all

Just want to let our few. . .I mean elite. . .blog followers know that I went to the ob/gyn again yesterday. As of today, I am 37 weeks 6 days EDD or 39 weeks 2 days LMP, depending on who you believe. . . The appointment was pretty much identical to last week's. Still at 1.5 cm, still not sure what antibiotics to give me, still no sign of the baby girl coming just yet. But we didn't take this as bad news. I had prepared myself ahead of time to expect that I had made no progress toward labor; that way, if I had, I would be pleasantly surprised. Plus, I didn't have to argue with anyone about anything while there, so I considered it a really good visit. And as usual, the baby's heart rate was high and she was doing great! So it was great news! And even though she is not here yet, each day that goes by is one day closer to the day when we will finally get to meet her!

Also. . .another good (and kind of funny) thing that happened at the doctor: Last week, Cy was really trying to stress to my doctor just how *not well* he does with hospitals and how he is concerned about being in the delivery room with me (passing out, etc.). I noticed this week that they had put a note on my chart that said something like "Husband Cy is very nervous about being in delivery room and does not do well. . ." So that was kind of funny, but also good that they are aware and taking it seriously. And my doctor has already warned him that if he passes out on the ground, she will just step over him and keep working on me, because as she said, he's not her patient, and he'll "come back around eventually." :)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Cy - I'm totally with you man. I too don't do well in hospitals. I left the room while they put in the epidural. And I waited in the hallway during the C-section. As the anestesiologist said, "It takes a big man to know his limitations!" And hearing that first cry is pretty sweet no matter where you're standing.

Aubrey said...

I was going to leave a comment, but since Jeff already did, I guess I don't have to. Since i knew Jeff wouldn't do well with the whole with lots of medical stuff, it was really nice to have my mom there, though, as an extra support. We debated for a long time about whether or not to have her there, but it was really great because she was so good and encouraging. Plus she loved getting to be in the C-section and seeing Judah be born. Obviously since your mom lives further away, it might not be possible, but it might be good to think if there is someone else who could come to support you.