Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A P. S. (Because I Am Paranoid)

A P. S. to the previous post - The 6 lb. 11 oz. estimate made me think (again) that the original due date of May 3 is probably more accurate. I find it really hard to believe that our baby (a Shealy, and a product of me and Cy, neither of whom are terribly large) is that big at just shy of 37 weeks. And my fake diabetes has been completely controlled. Using the May 3 due date, the baby is expected to be up to 7 lbs this week (38). So I personally am leaning toward the original LMP due date of May 3, which would put me at 38 weeks, 2 days today. And we are just praying that she will come out when she needs to, because if we are right about the due date, we don't want to have any complications from being overdue if the doctors let me go all the way until May 13 or longer and the May 3 date is actually the right one.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

i think you're right too - I'm betting she'll get here before that last due date. :) At least, I hope so, for your sake. Speaking from experience, the last few weeks are the hardest. We're getting so excited for you!

Aubrey said...

We thought we were cool because we chose not to know the gender ahead of time. You guys totally one upped us by choosing not to know the due date!! Props!!

-Jeff