Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Update on the Glucose Nightmare

Well I met with a nurse this morning and I'm kind of frustrated again because it turns out I technically only failed 1 of the 3 tests, and the 1 I failed I failed only slightly. Apparently the other one in question was supposed to be 155 or less and mine was exactly 155, so they decided to call that one a fail. They kept reassuring me that they don't think I really have a problem and this is more precautionary than anything, which mostly just frustrated me, since if that is the case, I don't see why I need to spend tons of money on diabetic supplies and prick my finger 4 times a day. While I was in there, she had me go ahead and do a finger prick to get me familiar with the machine. They want me to be at 100 or less first thing in the morning, and 120 or less after meals. My reading this morning was 100. She seemed surprised when I told her I had already eaten breakfast. I understand that the glucola test is the standard way they test for diabetes, but it's not like I sit around and drink 100 straight grams of concentrated sugar all the time. . .or ever.

Okay. . .enough ranting. I understand they just want to play it safe for me and the baby, so I'm going to try to deal with it. If my sugar levels were through the roof, I think it might actually be easier to deal with, but since I don't technically have diabetes, this is just kind of annoying. But I will do what they say and hopefully our baby will be healthy. Is it time for her to be born yet?

No comments: