Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

iPod Nano


I am super excited to be the proud new owner of a latest gen. 16GB iPod nano.  In pink, of course.  Lest you think that I now own 5 iPods, here is the deal.  I have a big, old-school 60 GB iPod classic that houses all my music.  It is great to take on trips, and just to have one place that contains all my music.  But I rarely use this iPod - it's just too big to lug around.  I had an old iPod mini (also pink) that I received as a present when I graduated from college.  It's super outdated and I never use it anymore either, but I couldn't sell it because it was engraved on the back.  I have an iPod touch that I got for free when I purchased my MacBook Air.  Never really use this either, because I'm too lazy to keep it charged.  Since none of these is ideal for running, I have been using Cy's older-model iPod nano along with a Nike+ kit to track my running. 

All of that to say...I decided it was time to consolidate.  While in the Apple Store several times the week of Christmas having my broken laptop repaired (a whole different story), I had some time to browse and pretty much fell in love with the new iPod nanos.  They are small, sleek...and they are totally awesome!  They come with built-in FM radio and a built-in pedometer.  Perfect for running!

So in the end, I was able to get one...and at a discount!  Turns out Apple has a recycling program for old computers and iPods - if you bring an old iPod into the store to recycle, you can get 10% off the purchase of a new one.  So I traded in my old pink iPod mini and left with a brand new pink iPod nano.  I am putting the iPod touch up for sale (if anyone reading this is interested, let me know!).  And now that I have a Nano to use for running, Cy's Nano will most likely be sold too.  So really, I was helping us out by getting rid of several iPods, right?

Either way, I am really enjoying the new iPod!

No comments: