Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Splashing Around in the Pool

This morning, we bought a little inflatable pool for Gemma. Cy blew it up and filled it up with water, and I got Gemma all decked out in her swimming gear. I sat beside the pool and dipped her feet in for awhile, then climbed in with her and let her sit in my lap and splash around a little bit. It seemed like she wasn't really sure what to think of the pool. She pretty much just sat there with a suspicious look on her face. I kicked her feet around in the water a little bit and splashed some water on her legs, but she still seemed pretty indifferent. We only stayed in for a few minutes before she started shivering. Maybe when it is a bit warmer outside and the water has a chance to warm up some, we will try again. She didn't cry at all, so I took that as a sign that she at least didn't completely hate the experience.

Here are some pictures of us in the pool. Just be sure to look at Gemma and block out me, as the pictures are not so flattering. . .

No comments: