Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Have a Book for Sale on Amazon!

At long last, my book Norfanger Plantation is available for sale on Amazon! Norfanger Plantation is the book I wrote for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) last November. I wasn't planning to do NaNoWriMo last year (due to being in my last semester of grad school and also being pregnant), but decided at the last minute to do so. Since I didn't really have time to plan, I just decided to write a spoof of some of the popular young adult vampire novels. For the first time, I actually finished an entire novel during NaNoWriMo (I've always reached the word limit in the past without actually finishing the story.) I used CreateSpace to get a free proof copy, but then thought, why not just use CreateSpace to go ahead and publish the book and try to sell it on Amazon?

So at long last, after some editing and a bunch of prep work, it is finally up for sale on Amazon. It is available here:
http://www.amazon.com/Norfanger-Plantation-Carissa-B-Shealy/dp/1450569412/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279189963&sr=1-1

I'm not expecting to sell too many copies (hopefully just enough to cover the small cost of publication), but so far it's just been a really neat experience. In case anyone is interested, here is the info from the back of the book:

Like the heroine of Jane Austen's novel Northanger Abbey, teenager Kate Blackmoor has read too many creepy novels. Vampire novels, to be exact. And when she moves in with her aunt for the summer, she starts seeing vampires everywhere she looks. Or at least she thinks she does. But when she meets the boy of her dreams, will her obsession with vampires ultimately jeopardize their relationship?

No comments: