Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Friday, March 19, 2010

An Update to the Baby Update

This is random, but I forgot to mention in the last update (due to being preoccupied with my rant) that the ultrasound technician commented again on the baby's "cute" nose. I am really hoping that her nose is not ginormous, since in my 11 week ultrasound they were like, "Aw. . .look at the baby's nose" at which point I gasped and said to Cy, "Our baby has a Shealy nose!" You can see her nose in the profile shot a couple entries below. . .it doesn't look huge to me, just kind of sharp-featured. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. ;) (Reminds me of Friends when someone asks Rachel if she worries Emma will get her old nose and she starts crying and says "Every day!" And she tells Ross that Emma might have to have a nose job, and that's something they just need to accept. Of course, we are going to love our baby no matter what, and she will not be having a nose job, but the reference is still humorous.)

But this time the ultrasound technician also said it looked like the baby had hair on her head already! I think her exact words were "No bald baby for you!" I was glad to hear this, but I had already predicted this to Cy - I told him I had a full head of hair when I was born, and since Shealys are hairy (sorry, but it's true), it seemed inevitable that our baby would be born with hair. All of these little hints about her just keep making us more and more excited to finally meet her!

No comments: