Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Monday, March 15, 2010

Baby Shower

This past weekend, Kelly hosted a baby shower for me and the baby girl. Although a lot of people weren't able to make it, it was a really nice shower with the small group that was able to come. We had a brunch with some yummy quiche, turkey/ham croissants, fruit, and delicious mini cupcakes from Cupcake. We played a couple of fun games, including The Price is Right (with baby items), and then I opened presents. I was totally overwhelmed by the presents - baby girl got so much nice stuff from everyone! It was really great - I was so thankful to Kelly for hosting such a nice shower, and to everyone who came, and of course, for all of the fantastic gifts! Below are a few pictures of just some of the great things we got. (Unfortunately, the pictures are not terribly flattering of me, as my mom was sitting about a foot away from me while taking them.)

Here is Rachel trying to make me cry by giving me one of the books that was a favorite of both of ours when we were little. Rachel wrote me a note saying how she remembered me reading the story "The Roly Poly Pudding" to her when she was little, and now I can read it to my little girl. It was so sweet.

No comments: