Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Monday, November 2, 2009

Lego my Castle. . .and also my Pirates!

For a while, Cy and I were really into Legos and we would set up our card table in front our fireplace and build Legos in front of the fire every evening and on the weekends. We have been working on a medieval castle. Since school is wrapping up and I have more free time, we have revived the tradition. We hit up Target last week and stocked up on more Legos. This weekend we built a troll castle and then Cy set up the good castle and the troll castle and staged an epic battle of the good guys vs. the trolls/skeletons. There are tons of pieces for the Lego castle set and it will take us forever to collect and build all of them.

In the meantime, we made an awesome discovery. There is a recently new set of Legos. . .Lego pirates!!! As anyone who knows me will know, I love all things pirate (or vampire). I started with a couple of small pirate pieces (that was all I could afford since I had just bought a stack of books from Amazon). I am hoping to get all the big pieces either for graduation gifts or Christmas. And there aren't a whole lot of Pirate ones yet, so I can easily get them all now and then keep up with them as new sets come out. We are loving the Legos at our house!

This is the first Pirate set we got. It is called "Kraken Attackin'"!

No comments: