Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

A brief disclaimer: The pictures on this blog are going to look a lot like the pictures on Wes & Kelly's blog. Because they are the same. Due to me stealing them from Kelly's Facebook page since I left my camera at home the other night. (Also, I promise Cy has other shirts. Even though he is wearing that blue sweater in pretty much every family picture on every holiday.)

Anyway, that being said. . .we had a really great Thanksgiving. I spent most of Wednesday baking to get ready for the big day. I made my first-ever pumpkin pie (with homemade crust!) and it turned out great! I also made a cranberry apple crunch dish (basically apple crisp with cranberries) that turned out pretty delicious too. I wasn't sure the pie was going to happen at one point on Wednesday. . .there were a lot of hiccups involving the crust instructions being out of order and then being confusing, and then me not being able to get a hold of my mom for clarification due to her being in the middle of nowhere, North Carolina, with no cell phone service. But I ended up just winging it on the end and it turned out all right. Cy even liked the pie, so it must have been pretty good.

On Thursday, we took it easy in the morning--didn't do too much at all. Then we headed over to Wes & Kelly's house around 3:15 where we had dinner with Frank & Andrea, Mike & Jean, and Wes, Kelly, & Noah. There was so much food it was insane. I think I put about a tablespoon of everything on my plate and filled up the entire plate. Aside from that, it was nice just to get to take some time out from all of our crazy lives and spend some time together, just hanging out and catching up.We wrapped up our Thanksgiving by watching the movie The Proposal. . .at which we laughed hysterically. Overall, it was a really great day.


No comments: