Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Monday, June 7, 2010

One Month Old!

Everyone has been telling us how times goes by so fast with a little one, and while we believed them, I don't think we realized quite how fast! It certainly doesn't seem like it's been a whole month since our little Gem arrived, but it has! We have of course been exhausted, just from getting used to having a new little person to take care of 24/7. But we have been really blessed because she is such a laid back, good baby. She is rarely fussy, she eats well, and even though we feel really sleep-deprived, she actually sleeps well. We have her on a schedule where she eats at 9:30 pm (after which we go to bed for the night), 1:30 am, and then 5:30 am, at which point Cy gets up to get ready for work and I go work out. So even though we are getting less sleep and we feel exhausted, we are actually getting more sleep than a lot of people with new babies! And Gemma sticks to the schedule - I don't think we've had a single night where she has kept us up other than her scheduled feedings. Once or twice, she has gotten up at 4:30 or 5 hungry instead of making it until 5:30, but that is about it.

And she is such a happy, cute baby! Even though she is a lot of work (as all babies are), we love her so much and wouldn't trade her for anything. It's weird thinking that just a month ago it was just the two of us. I can't imagine life without precious little Gemma now!

2 comments:

Emilie said...

happy one-month birthday little Gemma!!! She is truly a gorgeous baby girl!

Aubrey said...

Oh. my. goodness.

I think she needs some sort of punk-rocker outfit to go with that Mohawk!!

She is so cute. I can't wait to meet her.

And btw - Jeff and I are going to be in Charleston around July 19, when I'm taking my boards. Hopefully we can get together around then.