Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Not a Fan of the Labor Fake-Out

Around 4 or so yesterday afternoon my contractions started coming closer together and getting more regular. By around 6, they were coming about 6-8 minutes apart consistently. By 8:30, they were still regular and were starting to get much more intense. In fact, I was getting to the point where I thought it would soon be time to go to the hospital. We even called the doctor and she said we could come on in or wait it out a little bit longer. She said it definitely sounded like I would be having the baby at some point in the next 24 hours. I decided to wait it out at home a while longer and try to get some sleep. For the next couple of hours, I couldn't sleep because the contractions were getting pretty intense, and the baby was going nuts in between them. Then I eventually drifted off. . .and so did the contractions! Grr! I do remember them tapering off the night before too, so hopefully they will start up again this morning. I really hope they become the real deal pretty quick here though, because I'm already absolutely exhausted after two nights of contractions and don't think I can handle days more of this stopping and starting business!

No comments: