Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Latest Sewing Projects

Even though I've been sick, I've still been sewing like a fiend.  I am so glad I decided to learn how to sew, because I am now addicted to all things sewing-related.

I love making pillowcases because they are super easy to make, and so cute and fun.  This past week, I made this Halloween pillowcase for Cy:


And this Halloween pillowcase for myself:

A few weeks ago, I made this purse out of the cute girly skull fabric I bought.  The purse didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped, but now I know what to do differently next time to make it better.

But yesterday I completed the project that I am most proud of so far.  Using two fat quarters that I got for about $1 each and a great free tutorial I found here, I made Gemma this super-cute pillowcase-style dress.  I really liked the look of using contrasting fabric for the front and back.  It was very easy, cheap, and looks so cute!  I can't wait to make more!





No comments: