Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Friday, May 27, 2011

These are a few of our favorite things

Some of Gemma's favorite things right now include:

1.  Her water table.  We play with this almost every afternoon and both of us are pretty much drenched by the time we finish.



2.  Her Disney Princess Ride-On Toy.  It is great for riding, walking, or just sitting apparently.



3.  Her interactive keyboard that Uncle Wes, Aunt Kelly, Noah and Liam gave her for Christmas.  I finally got around to putting this together the other day and she has really been enjoying it.  It interacts with the TV, and she was quick to figure out that if she pressed the animals on the keyboard, the corresponding animal would come out and dance on the screen.  She's pretty smart.  She also likes to use the keyboard as a walker sometimes, which doesn't always work out so well.



4.  She also got a pool float with a canopy for her birthday and has really been enjoying splashing around at the neighborhood pool but I do not have any photos of this yet.

And some of my favorite things right now:

1.  Tea.  I don't drink coffee, but I love tea hot or cold and I love all sorts of flavors.  Groupon recently had an online deal for Tea District, which I purchased and then ordered 2 bags of loose leaf tea (strawberry white tea and fruity chocolate rooibos red tea) and a canister of organic pineapple white tea pyramids.  They are all delicious.  I was so inspired by my purchase that I decided to allocate myself a shelf just for my tea so that I could have better access to all the many flavors:

2.  Flamingos.  Okay, so this is not so much a "right now" favorite as it is a lifetime addiction, but I included it because I wanted to show off some of the cool flamingo stuff I got while in Myrtle Beach:



3.  The Big Bang Theory.  Not the actually theory, with which I heartily disagree, but the TV show, which is incredibly hilarious.  I had heard about it and wanted something new to watch so I got the first disc of season 1 from Netflix.  I think the show is so funny to me because you could substitute "computer programmer" for "physicist" and still have essentially the same show.  While it's a funny show, I think it's probably 100 times funnier if you are a nerd or know someone who is a nerd.  For example, we were watching an episode where the guys try to put together an entertainment center for Penny and they end up ignoring the instructions and hatching some really elaborate plan involving infrared repeaters, fans, and cooling systems.  This was particularly funny to me because our entertainment center actually has infrared repeaters and a fan...

4.  Kindle.  I love my Kindle and whenever I use it, it makes me never want to read an actual, physical book ever again.  And it is even more awesome now that I got this cool skin for it (an early birthday present from Cy):

Some of my favorite books to read on my Kindle?  The Lady Julia Grey mystery series by Deanna Raybourn and the Lady Emily mysteries by Tasha Alexander. 

5.  Jalapeno poppers.  Random, I know, but I had some from Sonic a few weeks ago and now I am addicted.  Fortunately for me, TGI Fridays makes jalapeno poppers that you can purchase in the frozen food section at Wal-Mart!  So now I can have them anytime I want!  I am not sure this is a good thing...

Anyway...I know this post was kind of random, but those are a few of our favorite things right now!

No comments: