Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tarragon Mustard Chicken Salad

I was bored and decided to experiment with a new type of chicken salad for lunch this week.  I love chicken salad and already have several good recipes, but I also like to experiment with cooking (I rarely, if ever, actually use recipes) so I thought I would try making chicken salad with a mustard-based dressing and see how it turned out.  Here is the recipe I came up with, and I personally thought it was pretty delicious:

For the dressing:
1/4 c. spicy brown mustard
1/2 c. low-fat or fat-free sour cream
1 tbsp. tarragon
1 tbsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt

I cooked 2 large chicken breasts and shredded them, then mixed them with the above dressing (I had also put some white vinegar in it, which I wasn't crazy about, so I will probably skip that next time).  I also added 1/4 cup sea salted almonds and some diced avocado just before I ate it.  It was yummy!

No comments: