Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why I'm Never Spending Money on Toys for Gemma Again...

Because it's a total waste of my $$$ when we have far more entertaining things already in the house.  Like shoelaces.  Or socks.  Or our own feet.  Or, laundry baskets:


I've been sick this week and Cy has been at home helping out with Gemma.  Today he was feeling really brave and decided to tackle some laundry.  At one point, he had a load of dirty laundry and Gemma both to carry to the other part of the house, so he plopped her right down on top of the laundry and carted her off in the laundry basket.  A little bit later, he came back by with a basket full of clean folded laundry, sans Gemma.  "No Gemma this time?" I asked.  "Nope," he said.  "She needs a bath and this is clean laundry, so I didn't want her to stink it up."  Apparently our daughter is only allowed to ride along with the dirty laundry.

A bit later, I was feeling well enough to venture out to the living room for some family time.  The empty laundry basket was in the middle of the living room floor and Gemma kept trying to figure out how to get in it.  So I set her inside and proceeded to drag her around the living room in it.  I couldn't tell if she liked it or not, so I stopped and lifted her out and set her on the floor.  Well, apparently she was totally enjoying her laundry basket ride and I just didn't realize it, because as soon as I took her out, she started crying!

And this is why I'm no longer going to waste money on purchasing toys for my child.

No comments: