Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

5 Years of NaNoWriMo Completed Successfully!

This year was my 5th year in a row successfully completing NaNoWriMo - yay! 50,000 + words accomplished in the space of 1 month. And this year came with its own set of challenges. I had to get adjusted to writing on a very weird schedule this year. I couldn't just write whenever an idea popped into my head - I had to save it for whenever Gemma was napping. And when she was napping, even if the creative juices weren't flowing, I knew I had to get to work anyway, because time was short! Another difficulty came when my granny passed away and I had to spend most of a week traveling to and from Kansas City for the funeral. I fell behind while I was out in the Midwest, as I knew I would, but managed to catch up and actually get ahead some when I got back. I was glad I got ahead, because just a couple of days after I got back, we were on the road again, heading up to Bedford, Virginia for Thanksgiving. At which point I fell slightly behind again.

But after all of that, I managed to finish up yesterday - with approximately a day and a half to spare! I'm not sure I've ever finished before Nov. 30 before, so that was a new milestone for me. And, like last year, I was somehow able to wrap up the plot at the end of my 50,000 words too, so I have a completed story as well! Now I am going to try to do some fast (but careful) editing in hopes that I can maybe have printed copies of my newest novel, Lunatics and Lycanthropy, to give as Christmas gifts!!!

No comments: