Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I shall call it. . .Mini Shealy!

It is official - there will be a little addition to our family of two next May! Baby Shealy is about 12-13 weeks-ish right now (there has been much debate in the doctor's office as to the official dates). The official due date is May 13, but we are expecting it to be earlier than that. We have been to the ob/gyn several times now, and have had two ultrasounds. On the first ultrasound, the baby was measuring a bit smaller than expected, so they pushed the due date out. On the second date, the baby had caught up to where it should be according to the original date, so there was much confusion about the due date, after which they decided to just stick with the May 13 date even though that seemed wrong. . .we don't get it but they insist they know what they are doing. :)


We are very excited. Things have been a bit rough for me trying to finish up my last semester of grad school while being pregnant. It of course happened that my worst week of morning sickness coincided with the worst week of the semester (the week I had to take the comprehensive exams) but oh well. I also thought (and hoped) I was through the worst of the morning sickness (which is a total misnomer, as I have been feeling nauseous all day long) because I started feeling like a normal human again, but apparently it was just a few days' reprieve and now I am back to the 24-7 nausea. Lovely. Oh well. In the end it will all be worth it when we get to finally hold that precious little baby!

Everything has gone well at doctor appointments, and I was able to get both a seasonal flu shot and an H1N1 flu shot to provide some extra protection for the baby (which is good, as College of Charleston is pretty much Swine Flu Central these days). We are already making big plans for getting the house in order, picking out baby furniture, etc. Now we are just counting down the days until the next big doctor appointment when we get to find out if it's a boy or a girl! Also very exciting. . .our little baby Shealy will get to have a cousin exactly the same age as him/her!

No comments: