Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Recent Sewing Projects

Even while taking care of two crazy kiddos, I've still managed to squeeze in some time to sew.  I am really into making clothes right now - it's so fun to pick out the fabrics and design everything myself.  I may just end up making most of my own clothes from now on, except for stuff like jeans and T-shirts.  Anyway, here are some of the things I've made over the past couple of months:

My Lilly Pulitzer inspired tunic:


This pink peasant top was super easy to make and I really like it:


This was not "sew simple," as advertised, so I probably will not make this pattern again, but in the end, it turned out cute.  (Also if I were to make it again, I would not bother with all the idiotic facing they had me do inside.  I will use bias tape or make my own bias tape instead.)


This halter top was super easy until I decided to cut it down a size after I was basically already finished.  That led to a lot of frustration but in the end it turned out cute.  I don't think it's terribly flattering on me however, so I may not make myself another one unless I lose a bit of weight first.


With the leftover scraps from the halter top, I maid this super cute halter for Gemma using this tutorial.  It looks way better on her for obvious reasons.  The reasons being that she is tiny and cute.  And I am not.  



Using the same tutorial, I made this adorable Strawberry Shortcake halter out of some random very tiny scraps of fabric I'd found in my mom's fabric stash.  The pieces were so small and uneven I didn't think I'd be able to use them, but I love the way this turned out.  And Gemma does too.  She is obsessed with Strawberry and keeps wanting to wear this top!

 And finally, I made Cy a Star Wars pillowcase for his birthday.  I also made him a pair of pajama pants with robots on them for Father's Day but I don't seem to have a picture of those.


I am currently working on a couple of pairs of linen shorts to be followed by a pair of seersucker shorts.  Also working on a cute dragonfly skirt.  Will post pics of all those too when completed.  :)

No comments: