Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's beginning to look A LOT like Christmas

So. . .we may have gotten a bit carried away with the Christmas decorations this year. We put up our normal tree the day after Thanksgiving (yes we actually waited until after Thanksgiving this year). Then I was saying that we have such a big house that I wished we had another tree to put up. So Cy tried to track down another tree and we ended up with 2 more - a 4 ft. and another 7 1/2 ft. tree. I was like, Great! The more trees the better!



(Notice that there are 3 stockings this year and that Baby Shealy is already racking up the presents, notably a deer/owl!)

Then we had this great idea that the small tree should be solely flamingo-themed. So I took all the flamingo ornaments back of the big tree, filled in the holes, and put them on the little tree. To make the flamingo tree even more awesome, I had the great idea to put pink lights on it (if I could even find such a thing). We went to Target and fortunately they randomly had 2 packages of pink lights. (I have never again seen pink lights since then.) I'm loving the flamingo tree though. . .and it goes great with the mechanical Santa-hat-wearing flamingo that is chilling in the front yard (sadly, this is the extent of our outside decor as Cy was too sick with concussions and swine flu to put up lights).
In our kitchen, we put up a tiny 1-2 foot tree decorated with M&M ornaments.

Then finally we put up the final tree in our breakfast nook. It is really pretty - it is color coordinated with clear lights, white, blue, and silver ornaments and icicles. The breakfast table was to heavy for me to move so I just covered it with a blue blanket and put some houses on it.

And now it looks like we will be here for Christmas after all so we are excited that we will get to share all of our plethora of Christmas trees!

No comments: