Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Great Date

Last week, I mentioned to Cy that it had been a really long time since he and I had been on a date. I guess after two years, we are getting to be old married people now. :) Or possibly it's just that with our hectic schedule of work, school, working on our house, and deacon training, we are just too exhausted do much on the weekends. But anyway, he said he would plan a date for us for Friday night. I expected a pretty typical date, like dinner and a movie, but Cy really surprised me and went all-out. He basically recreated our first real date, but with some new additions.

On Friday, Cy got off work early but said he would be back at four to pick me up. When he picked me up, he announced that our date had 4 phases and we were heading toward Long Point to commence Phase 1. We parked in front of the CVS at Long Point, so I was v
ery confused at first, but he was just trying to keep me guessing. For Phase 1, he took me to Handpicked and told me to pick out any one item in the store. Of course, I was very overwhelmed. After much deliberation, I settled on a set of leopard-print/tiger's eye necklaces.

After that, it was time for Phase 2. For Phase 2, we headed out to Fonduely Yours on Coleman Blvd. This is where we had dinner on our first date, and we hadn't been back since. From the outside, Fonduely Yours looks like a total dive. The building is run-down and practically hidden in the wild vegetation that's all around it. But the fondue is delicious. They s
at us in a secluded booth for two in the back, and we enjoyed a cheddar cheese fondue with carrots, apples, bread, and broccoli; a spicy chicken broth fondue with filet and chicken and a variety of dipping sauces; and milk chocolate dessert fondue with pound cake, marshmallows, pineapples, cherries, and pretzels. It was delicious.

After dinner, we drove over to Station 19 (by the lighthouse) at Sull
ivan's Island and went for a walk on the beach. On our first date, we went to Isle of Palms after dinner and ended up just sitting on the beach talking until about 3 am. Since we are older now, we only stayed on the beach until about 7:00 or 7:30. :)

Then, we drove home for Phase 4. When I walked in the house, a vase of beautiful roses and two of my favorite Cadbury chocolate candy bars were waiting for me. It was an amazing evening. Cy sure knows how to take a girl on a nice date. :)

No comments: