Ethan and Gemma

Ethan and Gemma

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

NaNoWriMo


November is National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, if you will. NaNoWriMo is all about motivation. It's a great thing for aspiring writers, to encourage you to get your ideas on paper. For one month, it's all about quantity, not quality. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel (more a novella, really) in just one month. It's great because you just sit down and write, and you don't get hung up trying to edit and rewrite, rewrite, rewrite. That's for December.
This year, I decided to write a fantasy story just for Cy. He came up with the names for several of the characters, so each time I finish a chapter, I pass it along to him to read. If I'm feeling brave enough (which I doubt), maybe I'll post an excerpt on my profile one of these days:

Carissa's NaNoWriMo Profile
As of right now, I've got about 21,200 words, so there's still a lot to go. . .

3 comments:

Kelly Shealy said...

Good luck writing. I have no doubt you can get to 50,000 words by the end of the month!

jess said...

hey cy and carissa this is jessa i just want to tell you that i have a gmail account and it is jessa.hyde@gmail.com so please e-mail me sometime

Rachel Lynn said...

Ok my homedawgs....
PLEASE update this blog, it is driving me crazy!!! Put some Carolina stuff on it or something!! (even though obviously my sister is a NOT a true UNC fan since she would rather take bubble baths than watch Tyler Hansbrough beat up on people!!!) If u don't update this blog soon, i will create my own and it will be totally Tyler all the way- I might create my own UNC blog anyway just to annoy my next-door-neighbor's son, Patrick. Well, i guess dat I will c u guys on Sunday!!!!
Love ya!
Rachel (the girl who will marry Tyler Hansbrough)